If I am going to take the time out of my busy schedule to bake then you better believe I am going to bake something delicious in a big batch so it lasts a while. On that note, if I am going to be snacking on something for a few days at a time I also want it to have some sort of nutritional benefit. These cookies are way too good not to share. BONUS: THEY ARE VEGAN & GLUTEN-FREE!
I initially used this recipe for my lactation cookies but soon they became a household favorite by everyone! I could not leave these around my husband; he literally would eat the whole batch himself. The cookies are yummy but also full of iron, antioxidants, vitamins, and protein! All of which are essential for lactation.
Here is what you’ll need:
¾ cup Old fashioned rolled oats
½ tsp Baking soda
¼ cup Brewer’s Yeast (debittered kind)
½ tsp Cinnamon, ground
1 cup Coconut sugar
⅔ cup Dark Chocolate chips
¼ cup Flaxseed meal
¼ tsp sea salt
1 ⅔ cups Oat flour
1 tsp Vanilla extract
⅓ cup Coconut oil
½ cup Water
- Step 1: Mix water and flaxseed meal together and let sit for 5 minutes (this creates the “flaxegg”)
- Step 2: Add coconut sugar, coconut oil and vanilla then whisk
- Step 3: Add the dry ingredients and mix together
- Step 4: Mix in the dark chocolate chips
- Step 5: Use a medium cookie scoop and place the dough on a baking sheet roughly 2 inches apart. Gently press down on the top to flatten them out a bit.
- Step 6: Bake for 10-13 minutes until edges are golden brown. I like to sprinkle a little sea salt on top while they cool.
- Step 7: I wait around 10 minutes before transferring the cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling. That’s it!
These cookies will not only help with mama’s craving and lactation goals but they will also be a healthier option that the whole family can enjoy! That means you should probably make double the batch or find a good hiding spot to keep them to yourself, haha.