No matter how many kids you have or their ages, traveling to the grocery store can feel more like an overnight stay if you don’t know what you should pack in your diaper bag. You may be asking yourself “How on earth do I avoid overpacking, but still have all the essentials in case of an emergency?” Here is a handy checklist that will help you pack your diaper bag with ease, no matter where your traveling takes you and your little ones.
Packing for a newborn consists of lots of diapering and feeding necessities. Opt to leave the toys and snacks at home because you likely aren’t going to need them for your newborn baby.
Pack these items for your newborn:
- Plenty of diapers and wipes
- Wet bags for soiled diapers and wipes
- Changing pad
- Diaper rash cream
- Bottles, formula and water (if using formula) and/or breastfeeding necessities
- Swaddle Blanket
- Burp cloths
- Extra change of clothes (or two)
- Boogie wipes
- Hand sanitizer/disinfectant wipes
As your baby grows, so do their needs. Infants still will need most everything your newborn needed, with a few extras as well.
Plan to pack everything in your newborn bag, plus these items:
- Baby food/snacks (if they have started solids)
- Any medications, such as acetaminophen
- Sunscreen/hat for warmer weather
You are probably to the stage in your little one’s life where they are leaving bottles behind. However, they will require more toys, snacks and entertainment to keep them occupied during your travels.
Plan to pack all diapering and clothing essentials, plus these items:
- Snacks (and lots of them!)
- Sippy cup with drinks
- Age-appropriate toys/books
- Potty-training necessities
No matter whether you’re going to the grocery store or across the country, having a well-packed diaper bag can ease your stress and make your trip go so much smoother. Following the checklist above will ensure you pack everything you need, and nothing that you don’t. Now go enjoy your travels with your little ones and soak in every moment!