This is for the Mamas who feel overwhelmed and underappreciated. For the Mamas who get up everyday to do the dang thing with no hesitation. For the Mamas who don’t get sick days, vacation days, or paid time off (or even paid time on for that matter). For the Mamas constantly juggling their work and home life. For the Mamas who need to be reminded that they are doing a good job, contrary to how you might feel right now.
Motherhood is the most important job title you will ever hold, while also being the most challenging. There are days you feel invincible and then days you can’t believe you even survived. However you feel day in and day out, you are the most important person in the world to your little one(s).
I once heard, “Life doesn’t come with a manual, it comes with a mother” – which isn’t only true in my relationship with my own mother, but now it is also how I view my job as a mother. There are certain quotes that just resonate and stick with you, and remind you of how wonderful you are, at your job as a mother:
- “It’s not easy being a mother. If it were easy, fathers would do it.” – Dorothy, on The Golden Girls
- “When you look into your mother’s eyes, you know that is the purest love you can find on this earth.” – Mitch Albom
- “A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take.” – Cardinal Meymillod
- “There’s no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.” – Jill Churchill
- “My mother was my role model before I even knew what the word was.” – Lisa Leslie
- “ A mother’s arms are made of tenderness, and children sleep soundly in them.” – Victor Hugo
- “Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children.” – Charles R. Swindell
- “If you’re a mom, you’re a superhero. Period” – Rosie Pope
- “Being a mother is learning about strengths you didn’t know you had.” – Linda Wooten
- “Home is where your mom is.” – Unknown
No matter how you think you’re doing as a mom, your little one thinks you are doing it all right. Children don’t look twice at the bags under our eyes. They don’t notice that you second guess your parenting style and how you react to every situation. Your little one has no idea how many tears you have shed over wondering if you are doing enough for them. You are your toughest critic, your children think the world of you.
You don’t have to listen to me, you don’t even have to listen to these quotes, but Mama, listen to your little one. You are doing enough and you are doing it right.